Happy New Year everyone, here’s raising a little glass to you all, hoping that 2015 will be a happy, healthy and prosperous year for you all and may bring you everything that you wish for.
Although we have been around over the holiday period, getting things sorted out, today is our first day back in the full swing of work… the first working Monday of the new year and I didn’t want to get out from under my duvet this morning but now I’m at work, I’m glad to be here working on lots of plans for new products, lists of what we need to do and lots more.
This years festive holidays brought lots of reasons for me to be cheerful, although Christmas day itself and Hogmanay/New Years Day were pretty uneventful… those were our rest days aka ‘paperwork’ days!!
1. My first reason to be cheerful is that on 27th December 2014, I went to Scotland to visit my Dad for four days!! I’m a proper Daddy’s girl and always miss him lots when I’m in Stoke on Trent and he’s in East Kilbride. It was lovely to have the chance to just relax, catch up and have a laugh and joke together.
2. While we were in East Kilbride I celebrated my 34th birthday which was spent shopping, eating out and relaxing – one of the best birthdays I’ve had in a long time. Birthday shopping didn’t quite go as planned as I couldn’t find anything that I wanted to buy – even the craft shops let me down!! lol
3. During my visit to East Kilbride, we decided to visit the Riverside Museum in Glasgow… there are a lot of things I don’t agree with about this museum, such as the layout they have used to display the cars, etc (I mean, who in their right mind puts cars on shelves four stories high?!) but when I was little and my Dad used to ask me where I wanted to go I always said the Transport Museum in Glasgow, which was located at Kelvin Hall back in the 1980’s. The museum may not be in the same place, the displays may be different, the layout may have changed however the vehicles that I remember seeing as a child were the same and I was with my Dad… is there any better reason to be happy?
4. I heard a song today which although upset me at first, also made me think of the good times with a very special person who is no longer with us. Alan and I went through a lot together and since passing away in November 2006 there have been a lot of times I have resented him for leaving me, but I know there were reasons that things happened the way that they did and I have so many happy memories, memories of times when Alan helped me through difficult times and times which I always smile just thinking about.
So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We’ll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother
5. It’s a new year and a year of big plans for Cards And Candles For All Occasions… we have lots of new products in the design stages, others being worked on which should be ready to unveil in the next couple of weeks and others which are currently at the sketch point. Lots of things to do which will hopefully bring lots of exciting new products and news for our business.
Hope that everyone has a wonderful year ahead!! 🙂
Love Laura xx