Today’s featured crafter is Pauline, read on to hear what she does, where it all started and what she hopes to achieve in the future.
If you hover over each company name, it is ‘clickable’ which will take you directly to their website.
1. Who are you and what is the name of your business?
I’m Pauline and my business name is Wedding Treasures.
2. What is your craft and how did you first become involved/interested in crafting?
I handcraft personalised cake toppers which are custom made to match the complete outfits worn on special days.
3. Where do you find your inspiration for your work?
I picked up a box of clay my husband had around the house when I was bored and the first thing I made was a teddy bear.
4. What made/inspired you to start your crafts business? What did you do before?
I was an office worker and got far more satisfaction from making my cake toppers out of lumps of clay.
5. Can your customers have something personal created by you? Or are your items “stock only”?
My figurines are personalised and unique to each client. I am about to branch out into other wedding treasures such as favours.
6. Do you have a favourite item/range out of all your crafted items?
Nothing is favorite as each one is totally different from the previous one.
7. Where/how do you sell your items? Do you have a website/blog where we can see your work?
I have a website Wedding Treasures which is in need of an update.
8. If you could change one thing about your crafts business, what would it be?
A bigger craft room with more table space.
9. What are your plans for your future within the crafting world?
I would like to expand and bring in other family members to make it more of a family business.
Thank you Pauline for taking the time to share your story with us… wishing you a very successful 2010 and future 🙂